CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

good impressions

I submitted a final paper on Thursday for a grad class that I was hoping to test out of. It was a pretty good paper, too. And I had a moment of horror this morning when I realized that the final paper I had emailed to my professor still had notes to myself in it. Specifically, I had typed "Add more here" in one paragraph and "Jabari had an MLU of 5" (which was a grossly inaccurate statement only meant to remind me to figure out what the MLU was) in bold, oversized font. Yes, it was a great impression on the person I was trying hardest to impress. It reminds me of the time when I did a similar thing on a stats paper - except I had "This does not make sense" typed in bold in the final copy emailed to my professor. I even had it highlighted in yellow to make sure it wouldn't be missed. I clearly have difficulty doing a final proofread on papers I submit online.

5 comments:

Mother said...

This is so funny. I LOVE it! I can not say I have ever done anything like that! One time, however, I grabbed a piece of paper out of the garbage and took notes on the back of a phone call with information for the Bishop. I then gave the note to him. He met with Sister Eddington and gave the note to her. The next meeting we had as a Presidency, she held up the paper and was reading the notes and comments. I looked at the back of the paper which I could see very plainly, was a Quick Books print out of our Financial Statement. After she finished, I asked her if I could have that paper when she was though with it. She turned it over and said, "Oh, what is on the back here?" Everyone could see it clearly, but I hope the font was small enough. I have tried to be more careful what I take notes on.

Shawna said...

Mom, that's really funny. I bet you've been more careful about what you write your notes on since then. I thought I'd be more careful about checking for notes to myself on my papers, but apparently I haven't been as consistent as I need to be!

Sacha Bikhazi said...

Oh no! I think I did that once in our program together. PS: I love your blog posts! Vickie gave me the address:)

Sacha Bikhazi said...

Oh no! I did that once in one of our MFHD classes together. Was it Jason's class? I don't remember, and I don't want to! PS: I love your blog stories! Vickie gave me the address;)

Sacha Bikhazi said...

ok, so I posted 2 of the same comments because I thought it didn't publish my first one. Sorry!