CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a more effective method

Lately some kids have started swearing in class, more because they get lots of attention from the other kids than because they really mean it. The last few times I've asked if they know what the word means, and they don't. So I try to explain what it means and how bad it makes everyone feel. Today, though, I had the strongest temptation to tell MaShia that the specific words she was saying meant that she wanted everyone to kick her - hard - in the shins. I think that may be more effective in eliminating the swearing problem.

3 comments:

Keith said...

For some reason, this post reminded me of just how much parenting teachers do. I've never thought of it before, but it's almost like teachers are paid parents. Kind of a scary thought.

Shawna said...

Correction...underpaid parents.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Your method would work with me. I read this out loud to our grad friends and was like "What swear word means that?" I'm a little slow to catch on!