CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

is it raining?

This morning, as I was driving to the temple, I was stopped while merging off the Beltway onto Georgia Ave. It had rained yesterday and all night, but it had dried out this morning and was beautiful. The car behind me had his wipers on full blast. They were going so fast that I thought it was raining, and I looked out my window just to make sure I wasn't missing something. But no, the sky was clear and the roads were dry. Then I thought perhaps he was using his window cleaner. But he had his wipers going the entire time we were stopped, which was way too long to just clean the windshield. The driver looked pretty anxious, too. Maybe that was because his wipers were surely squeaking as they went furiously back and forth. It was such an unexpected sight that it gave me something to laugh about as I circled and circled the temple parking lot looking for a spot.

2 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

This reminds me of a vehicle my parents had when I was in high school. It was a very old and beat up Chevy Astro (yes, my dad actually put duct tape on it to help keep the front signal light on). Whenever you turned on your signal light (does anybody else call them "blinkers"?), the windshield wiper would turn on and go 3 or 4 times. Whenever I was in the front seat and people driving by while we were waiting to turn left were staring, I would try to look mildly surprised. :)

Shawna said...

Vickie, that is awesome! I can just imagine you looking faintly surprised as the windshield wipers swish back and forth. That really made me laugh.