CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

on the way to the zoo...

I ran a red light today. Deliberately. I never thought I'd do that. I was driving through downtown DC on the way to the zoo (picking up forgotten lunchboxes from yesterday - thank you zoo for not throwing them away!) and was stuck in traffic on Florida and P NW. I was about the third car back from a stoplight, and we'd been sitting there for a while. Suddenly both lanes started moving forward, even though the light was still red. I could find no reason why we were moving, but everyone else was doing it, so I did it too. We crept through the light and continued up Florida and that was that. But if I'd run a red light because everyone else was doing it, maybe I'd jump off a cliff, too. Here I never thought I would, but today has opened up new horizons for me. 

0 comments: