CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

the difference between boys and girls...

My students are getting better at solving their own problems, but apparently this one needed adult assistance.
Oluwatosin: "Ms. Marshall, Amaya and Yamileth keep playing with me. "
Me: "Well, you are all in the same center. It's good that they're playing with you." (Oluwatosin is often upset because so-and-so is not playing with him.)
Oluwatostin: "But they keep talking to me."
Me: "Why don't you want them to talk to you?"
Oluwatosin: "They talk too much."
Me, ready to move on: "They can talk to you. That's ok."
Oluwatosin: "But they want to be my friend."
Me: "But that's good! Why don't you want to be friends?"
Oluwatosin: "They talk too much."


I took a two-day vacation from work (because I could) and now my kids are crazy. It feels like it's back in October. Let that be a lesson to me.

0 comments: