CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 14, 2008

my weekend adventure


My roommate Cat and I went to a dance last weekend, naively assuming it would be like any regular dance. We were wrong. Very wrong. It was like prom...in a cultural hall...with very few couples. I think Cat and I were about the only ones without dates. If that wasn't awkward enough, it wasn't long before Cat saw a boy that she had been trying to avoid. After a buildup of a game of limbo (can you imagine?) and a choreographed dance to the YMCA song by about six navy boys (all in their cute navy uniforms and cummerbunds), one of the navy boys proposed to his girlfriend. Everything was great until the MC noted that the newly engaged couple had met at this very dance two years ago. Suddenly everyone was on the prowl. After all, it had worked for these two...you never know...one's future mate may be at that very dance, just waiting. Meantime, Cat had noticed that a boy that I was trying to avoid had been sneaking up behind us. That was the last straw, and we fled. I don't think I've ever exited a dance as quickly or with such a sense of relief. I'll investigate a dance more thoroughly next time before showing up.

2 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Yikes! I'm glad you made it out alive! You look great BTW!

Shawna said...

Thanks, Vickie! I was glad to make it out alive, too!