CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

name that animal

As part of the theme for this month (In the City, In the Country), we're learning about farms. I thought all children knew the names of farm animals, until I pointed to a chicken and asked Chidiebere what animal it was. His response: "That's a Bock-Bock." Me (horrified): "No, it's not!" As a result, we are focusing a lot more on farm animals than the curriculum recommends, but, hey. They need to know this stuff. Especially Chidiebere, who subsequently called a goat a moose, and then, as if he had just pointed to the wrong animal, called the cow the moose. When asked what noise cows make, he said, "Mooooose. Mooooose." 4-yr-old logic at its best.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I love your stories. Those kids are so funny

Anonymous said...

Up until I was about 12, I thought turkeys were called gobble-gobbles.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Until I was 10, I was convinced that a cheetah resembled something like a turkey. I mean, why couldn't the fastest land animal be overweight with scrawny legs (that idea currently gives me a lot of hope).