CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

applying the standards

Today during center time I looked across the classroom and saw Dayonia and Chidiebere stand up from the math table, put their hands on each other's shoulders, and lean towards each other. I thought they were going to kiss, and I was about to lay down the law about kissing in the classroom (there've been a few outbreaks of kissing in the classroom). However, they didn't kiss, so I held my tongue and watched. They tilted their heads up as far as they could, pressed their chins together, and moved their hands straight out from their eyebrows while saying, "no, I'm taller." Apparently they were trying to see who was tallest, but they haven't quite gotten the technique down. But at least they were using mathematical terms comparing size, so I can mark that down as evidence of Voluntary State Curriculum Standard 2.A.3.b. in case an administrator wants proof of what my students are learning in school. And I'm glad they weren't kissing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to be a good teacher.