CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

hooray for 'bad' weather

Hooray for delayed openings and early closings of school buildings because of beautiful snow! Today we dismissed two hours early. We had lunch by 10:00 am, and the students were out of the building by 12:00. (A few complained that they didn't get snack, but I didn't have much pity for them, since it was still before noon.) An added perk is that any county classes are also cancelled. Therefore, I didn't have my evening class tonight (wahoo!) and, in preparation for the weather tomorrow, my evening class tomorrow is also cancelled (double wahoo!). The only thing that could make this even better is if we had a delayed opening tomorrow. That would mean that I would have the easiest day ever, with only about 3/4 of my students. And I'd get to sleep in. Sounds perfect to me. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad!

In all the years I've been at GWU, they've never closed campus or canceled a class. Even the time when the ENTIRE federal government shut down and all the other schools in D.C. closed.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Shawna, you need to know that I miss you. Ever since you left me that phone message months ago I've been thinking about calling you. Let's talk soon!