CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

slight misunderstanding

I now have a nickname. I've never had one that stuck before, but this one's sticking. It started with a few people assuming I was Black while taking attendance (an understandable assumption, since everyone else is Black), and the name has stuck, mainly because people think it's funny that someone as White as I am would ever be mistaken for Black. I now answer to the name Shawana (it would be spelled Scha'Wannah if I were truly Black) as well as to the shorter and accurate Shawna. At least I know what I'd be called if I were born Black.

1 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Love it! FYI, at T-day I did another "I heard you laugh" reading update for my fam---they love your stories. My mom is an assistant in a K classroom right now, so she totally sympathizes with your adventures!