CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

shoelaces


Pablo came in to school a few weeks ago and announced that he had learned to tie his shoes. This has been an ongoing process all year, and he has good small motor skills, so I wasn't really surprised. Something bothered me about what he was doing, but it wasn't until this morning that I really watched him and saw exactly how he was tying his shoes. As soon as he sat down on the carpet every morning, Pablo would undo his beautifully tied shoes. He'd then go through the process of retying them, which consisted of knotting his laces together until there wasn't any string left, and then tucking the ends under. I must say, this is one of the most effective ways of tying shoelaces that I've ever seen. They definitely don't come undone! I even got Pablo to pose for a picture of his tied shoelaces. And I must admit that it's creative. None of the other students have come up with this solution.

0 comments: