CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

multitasking

I found myself in an interesting situation the other day. I was using one hand to restrain a child in his seat (it's a long story as to how we got to that ultimatum), and with the other I was rubbing the back of a sobbing child. I felt like justice and compassion personified and divided. It was hard to keep my facial expressions accurate to the situation. While looking left I needed to be stern and firm, and while looking right I needed to be loving and soothing. Meanwhile, I was monitoring the room, sending frowns or smiles to the various children, depending on their current behavior. Confusing! No wonder I feel so conflicted regarding my job! When I realized what I was doing, I almost laughed, but realized that that response was not appropriate for either situation. Ah, the joy of multitasking!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Teaqching is one of the most conflicted jobs in the world, I think. When it's awful, it's really, really awful, and when it's awesome, it is so incredible. And there's nothing to stop it from being both at the same time!
It sounds like it was an interesting day for you! Good job with the multi-tasking. =)